The Commemorative plate was gifted by the Scouts of Libya to representatives of SSAGO at the 1984 Witan held in Florence, Italy. It was originally from the African Scout Jamboree held in Libya 1982 and was presented as a mark of friendship.
Instead of gathering dust and getting lost it is used as a challenge trophy, contested between the holders and any other club.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. The challenge shall be any event nominated by the challengers, for which winners can be judged.
2. Teams shall consist of 4 members of mixed sexes
3. The majority of each team shall be from the participating club
4. If a challenge is made and the holding team are unable to meet this challenge, the plate is then forfeited to the challengers
5. The event shall be judged by a referee independent of either club
6. Team members are only allowed to wear swimming costumes with paper bags over their heads
7. Challenges shall be formally and publicly made at least 12 hours prior to the event, stating the nature of the event
8. The referee must decide the competition is fair, decide the winning team and their decision is final, especially when wrong.
9. The referee must live for at least 24 hours after the event
10. The challenging team must supply all the equipment for the challenge
11. The plate cannot be held to ransom!
|06/2022||Lancaster||Wrap Battle, Lancaster vs Liverpool|
|02/2019||Portsmouth SSAGO||Portsmouth challenged and beat BUGS to the 'Cereal Box' game, where each team has to pick up, without using their hands, a decreasing in size cereal box.|
|06/2018||Bath BUGS||Bath vs. National Exec: 5-a-side football match (Cambridge Duck Rally)|
|06/2018||National Exec||Cambridge vs. National Exec: Punt Joust|
|02/2018||National Exec||National Exec vs Aberystwyth: The Duckings Game|
|11/2017||National Exec||Southampton SSAGO vs. National Exec: Get Your Own Back 90s TV gameshow competition (90s Rally)|
|09/2017||National Exec||Nottingham SNOGS vs National Exec: Wheelless Chariot Race|
|06/2017||National Exec||National Exec vs National Assistants: Get the other team as wet as possible!|
|02/2016||Lancaster||Lancaster vs. Rally: Wallace and Grommit Silly Games|
|11/2013||Nottingham||Sheffield vs. Nottingham: Silly Games|
|02/2013||Sheffield Stings||Silly Games|
|07/2011||Lancaster||Sandcastle Building Competition|
|11/2008||St. Andrews||It's a Knock Out|
|11/2004||Manchester||Extreme Bam Dancing|
|08/2002||Loughborough||Loughborough vs. Leicester: Chocolate Chop-stick Competition|
|07/2000||Loughborough||Aberystwyth Vs. Challengers Leeds & Other clubs participated: Bear rescue|
|06/1997||Bath BUGS||Oxford Vs. Bath (BUGS): Behind-the-back knot tying|
|03/1991||Cambridge||Glasgow Vs. Cambridge: Table rotation|
|11/1986||Liverpool||Salfrod Vs. Liverpool: Woggle plating relay|
|03/1986||Salford||Salford Vs. Liverpool: Boat Race|
|03/1986||Salford||Salford VS. Birmingham: 6-a-side rolling game|
|03/1986||Salford||Liverpool vs. Salford: Pub Games|
|06/1985||Liverpool||Bath vs. Liverpool: 7 a-side tug of war|
|06/1985||Liverpool||Liverpool vs. Birmingham: Relay Race|