Team Pink are the team of the Executive Officers and Assistants who are responsible for the running and development of the National Student Scout and Guide Organisation.
Hi, I'm Oli and I'm the webmaster for SSAGO. I'll primarily be looking after all the technology behind-the-scenes of SSAGO, while doing my best to support both National SSAGO, the Exec and SSAGO clubs and members in anything digital!
When I first found SSAGO at university, I'd never been involved in Scouting before, so this was a completely new experience but I immediately fell in love with SSAGO, Scouting and Guiding and found both a new home and a new obsession! Since then, SSAGO and Scouting has taken over my life, but I can honestly say it's been the best thing that's happened in my life so far - and that's thanks to all the lovely and wonderful people that make up SSAGO, Scouting and Guiding and the wonderful community I am now a part of.
As webmaster, I build and maintain all the various aspects of the website, from the membership and events system (and all those other new systems we seem to have needed, like the survey system or the murder mystery system...), to the scary parts behind the scenes that nobody else will ever see, such as the bits that make the emails work or projects and teams.
- Supported present and upcoming events
- Implemented new SSAGO off-site backups to Google
- Major updates to SSAGO backend Infrastructure
- Improved Discord and Website integrations
- Improved Google and Website integrations
- Prepared SSAGO website for Freshers
- Minor improvements to booking system
- Repaired the SSAGO shop
- Archived the SSAGO Minecraft
- Handled SSAGO rollover to new academic year
- New and improved SSAGO shop
- Website and framework update
- Grow Discord and Virtual SSAGO to compliment physical activities
- Continue to support upcoming events
- Prepare for charity status and technological benefits
- Plan for the future of SSAGO web and technology
- Managing Virtual SSAGO: Continuing to manage Virtual SSAGO and it's assets, including the Discord reorganisation to make it easier for newer members.
- Easter Egg Hunt: We ran the Easter Egg Hunt, even larger than last year, which was well-received by many SSAGOers and a great time was had by all.
- Event System: Adding cloning events and other features to help make it easier to create, copy, run and manage events.
- Supporting Projects: Supporting various events and upcoming projects, including the Eurovision event and the production of the Badges API and Points API and other features.
- EGM: Preparing for the SSAGO EGM and everything that goes with it
- The future of Virtual SSAGO: Working with the Virtual SSAGO team and the Exec to think about the future of Virtual SSAGO as things return to normal - what do we want to keep, what do we want to change, what do we want to drop?
- SSAGO Website Development: Over the Summer continue to work on the new SSAGO Website and the future of SSAGO's technological systems
- Virtual Summer Fun: To support those Summer events that are still virtual-based and make sure we end Virtual SSAGO as it has been at it's best.
- Exec Ideas: To work with the Exec on some of their new ideas for the website and associated systems.
- Virtual SSAGO: I have continued to my best to support Virtual SSAGO - from Zoom to Discord, Minecraft to Events, Badges at Home to Secret Santas!
- Events: Continuing to work with Green Rally Yellow Rally and Amalgam and providing digital support for their events and requirements.
- Reps: A lot of work has been done on the Reps system to improve it's usability, including keeping track of and highlighting new responses and discussions.
- Online AGM: Have worked with the Exec to prepare for SSAGO's online only election and consider the ways in which it could be done and how it could work and then implementing SSAGO's preferred choice.
- Online Club Elections: Have continued to develop and improve the online elections system for clubs to use who are holding virtual AGMs.
- Emails: Lots of work on improving SSAGO email deliverability following emails with our previous provider and moving over to a new system which should help.
- SSAGO Christmas: Created the SSAGO Christmas Cards for sending and receiving to bring a little festive cheer.
- Virtual SSAGO Team: The Virtual SSAGO team is continuing to grow and we are having a meeting shortly to discuss where we can go next, as well as how to develop and evolve the SSAGO Community.
- Virtual SSAGO Activities: Building a small set of virtual games suitable for SSAGO to play that can be used in club meetings or national events - from Pictionary Whispers to Overwooded to a SSAGO card game!
- Event Support: Continuing to provide and develop as much virtual support as can be done for upcoming events.
- SSAGO Website Upgrade: Working with the Web Team to bring the SSAGO website more into modern designs and technologies, a long term project but a good chance to get more people involved!
- Handover: To support the new incoming Exec with the handover process and getting set up and ready to take the helm of SSAGO.
- Build-A-Rally: I tried to combine and channel all our digital and virtual offerings in the support of Build-A-Rally and the move of the event to entirely virtual, as well as brand new parts of the booking process to link activities to virtual activities.
- Supporting Virtual SSAGO: I am continuing to do my best to support Virtual SSAGO, both in terms of events and infrastructure on a national level
- Supporting Clubs: I am continuing to do my best to support clubs with their digital requirements, from Zoom to Discord to Minecraft to events and activities.
- Encouraging Engagement: I am doing my best to encourage and support people wanting to run Virtual SSAGO events
- Membership Support: I have worked to support the Membership Officer in being able to contact new SSAGO members, find inactive clubs and members as well as identifying those members which need support
- Virtual Team: I want to get more people involved with Virtual SSAGO both in terms of events and in terms of infrastructure and am working to grow the Virtual SSAGO Team
- Virtual Calendar: I am working towards developing a Virtual Calendar of all virtual events to make it easier for people to find, register interest, join and advertise events that are taking place.
- More Virtual Activities: I would like to continue to work towards supporting and hosting more virtual events and activities and in making it easier for clubs to host these at a club and national level
- Shop: I am working to get the online Shop back up and running which has been closed for some needed maintenance and updates
- Supporting Team Pink: Continuing to work with the members of Team Pink on the various web projects - from badges to the archive to behind the scenes admin that needs doing
- Supporting Clubs and Members: Continuing to work with clubs and members to ensure the national provision is helping them and helping keep people engaged in SSAGO
- Virtual SSAGO: Setting up the Virtual SSAGO infrastructure, including the SSAGO Discord and Virtual SSAGO section of the website
- Virtual SSAGO Events: Supporting and running various virtual SSAGO events, from Easter Egg Hunts to Jackbox evenings to helping members run their own events, such as St. Georges Day and Quizzes
- Virtual SSAGO Activities: Get Active, SSAGO Musical, Jackbox, Scavenger Hunts, Bakeoff
- Web Team: Rebuilding the SSAGO web team and working with them to develop the SSAGO website, activities and infrastructure further
- Badges at Home: Setting up the SSAGO Badges at Home programme, along with online badge challenges and events
- SSAGO Minecraft: Supporting setting up the SSAGO Minecraft Server, linking to SSAGO and launching Minecraft Mondays
- Supporting Clubs Virtually: Supporting clubs virtually with virtual infrastructure, such as Zoom, Discord, online Elections and AGMs and similar functionality
- Team Pink: Working to make more parts of the Team Pink system easy to use for the new Exec
- Web Team: Continuing to work to develop the SSAGO web team to support the SSAGO website and growing virtual systems
- Archive: Continuing to work with Larah to launch more of the Archive parts of the website online
- Virtual SSAGO: More Virtual SSAGO activities, events, infrastructure and helping clubs make use of what SSAGO can provide
- Virtual Badges: Continue to support virtual events and Badges at home with Virtual Badges on the website and the launch of the virtual camp blanket
- Exciting Plans: Continue to work with Reuben on some very exciting plans to come!
- Minutes: All minutes are up to date and published
- Bank Accounts: Worked with Lexie, Lucy and HSBC to resolve all the previous outstanding issues with HSBC and the bank accounts, including resolving fraud concerns over the Witan account
- Reps Discussion: Added a new discussion feature to the Reps system allowing clubs to discuss and respond before voting takes place to ensure all clubs have a voice before voting.
- Reps Feedback: Created a new reps feedback system to allow the Exec to feedback on all points raised by Reps. Wrote up and prepared all the reps feedback from June.
- Rally Buddies and Teams: A brand new teams system has been developed which all events can now use, which will automatically take into account preferred buddies and activities and automatically form teams
- Lanyard System: The lanyard system to help events create automatic lanyards has been further updated and developed and now works automatically and can be used by any event
- Archive: Helped with the National Archive weekend with Larah, the Archivist. Worked with Larah on the launch of the new SSAGO Digital Archive to exhibit archive materials and allow clubs to start and contribute their own archives.
- Event Resources and Support: Worked to help support upcoming events and the production of resources to help with food, activities, transport, accommodation, requirements and finances
- Improved Resources Section: The resources section has been updated and improved with new reps resources and a new search in section function to make it easier to find resources
- Exploring National SSAGO Support: Working with Lucy and Reps to establish new ways in which National SSAGO can support new clubs and current clubs, including transport help for reaching National events
- Development Fund: Moving the development fund system online to make it easier to apply, keep track of and review past accepted and rejected development fund bids
- Email System: Created a new email system where clubs can browse, search and view past emails, including before they were on committee and reply and send new messages
- Freshers: Added a lot of new features to help SSAGO clubs with Freshers, including updates to the interest form for collecting volunteering information and exporting of interested members
- Supporting Clubs and Members: Created a set of new exec tools to help support Exec members, including identifying under 18s, automatically gauging club and member activity and potentially struggling clubs and other supporting tools
- Constitution: Working through the new constitutional changes and liaising with The Scouts, Girlguiding and SAGGA on additional changes and making this available in a transparent way to members
- Awards: Worked with Larah to further build and update the awards section of the website, celebrating SSAGO achievements
- Badges: The new badge system to support both Reuben’s badges and SSAGO activity badges
- Knowledge Base: The collaborative SSAGO knowledge base system to replace Factsheets with something more useful
- Programme Library: Building up a selection of exciting SSAGO activities and events to help inspire SSAGO clubs
- Campsite Directory: Quick and easy way to get campsite ideas and find the best places for SSAGO to camp
- Archive: A further SSAGO archive weekend to come and getting clubs involved with the digital archive project and pushing the SSAGO archive to the next level
- Event Resources: Continuing to develop useful resources for upcoming events
- Working with SAGGA: Following up with SAGGA to help bridge the gap between SSAGO and SAGGA
- Organised meetings with Scouting, Girlguiding and SAGGA
- Worked on the constitution to make the updates as required by our associated organisations
- Begun work on the new SSAGO Knowledgebase and Programme Library
- Written minutes and agendas for all the Exec meetings undertaken so far
- Worked with Larah to launch the new Awards part of the website, for nominating people and exploring past awards
- Increasing Awareness of what Team Pink and National SSAGO get up to, by creating the new Team Pink hub
- Helped sort out the behind-the-scenes paperwork and administration needed to facilitate handover and the start of the new Exec
- Create a national SSAGO programme library, bringing the great ideas of different SSAGO clubs together and enabling every club to benefit from great activities and challenges
- Build a collaborative SSAGO knowledge base of everything needed for a SSAGO member, club, event, trip - from campfire songs to tips for recruitment to how to run an international trip.
- Increase communication and openness to make it easier for people to suggest ideas and engage with National SSAGO and also know what’s going on at a National level.
- Make SSAGO more fun with more national events, badges, projects and history shared through the archive.