Team Pink are the team of the Executive Officers and Assistants who are responsible for the running and development of the National Student Scout and Guide Organisation.
I'm Rose and I am your new members officer for the next year. If we haven't met before, I am currently in my 3rd year of a Maths degree at Keele University and hoping to continue onto my masters next year (fingers crossed!).
SSAGO has been a massive part of my life these last few years and I am looking forward to being able to give back to this great community that SSAGO has created. I have been part of Girlguiding since Rainbows and then also joined Scouting when I became an Explorer. While president of Keele SSAGO, I have worked hard to make sure our club is inclusive to everyone and I would like to make sure that SSAGO as a whole uphold these core values in order to create a welcoming environment for both current and new members.
Over the next year, my priorities are; making sure smaller clubs (and new clubs) feel supported and encourage groups to work together, using what we have learnt from virtual SSAGO to continue a more unified SSAGO and make sure there is a friendly and clear line of communication between SSAGO members and the exec.
- New Clubs: Had introduction meetings with a few universities so potentially new clubs soon!
- Closing clubs: Unfortunately, Covid has been very hard on a lot of clubs especially when trying to fill committee positions. Therefore I have had to start the process of closing clubs for a few. However, I plan to leave these clubs open on the website for another 6 months in case some fresher want to (fingers crossed!) start them up again.
- New members: I've been spending most of my time talking to new members and sorting them into the correct clubs!
- Indie and Associate rep elections: Currently setting these up and I plan to help the current reps with promotion and give any support needed during the handover period.
- Freshers and new members: I am working with clubs to support them as we head back to face-to-face meetings and with planning their programmes.
- Socials: In the last month I joined in with NUSSAGG, DUSAGG and SAGGY's joint social night and had an in-person picnic with BUSAG.
- New Clubs: I have gotten in contact with some university networks in Northern Ireland in the hopes of creating new links.
- Closing clubs: Started working alongside Charlotte (Archivist) on a new official process for closing clubs. I hope to have this sorted by the end of June, including a new closing clubs factsheet.
- Regions: Working with each region to discuss what they want/need from their region.
- Participating in as many club events as possible!
- St. George's Event: I worked alongside the publicity and international officer to run this years St. Georges event.
- Socials: In the last month I have participated in Lancaster and Derby's joint fussion day festival, joined DUSAGG's baking social, and joined in with NUSSAGG, DUSAGG and SAGGY's joint social night
- Working with each region to discuss what they want/need from their region.
- Participating in as many club events as possible.