Team Pink are the team of the Executive Officers and Assistants who are responsible for the running and development of the National Student Scout and Guide Organisation.
Hi, I'm Alex. I am your Treasurer for the 2021-22 year. I intend to ensure the smooth operating of SSAGO's finances throughout the next year, as well as trying to improve the efficiency of them, by turning SSAGO into a charity.
I am a second year Electronic Engineer at the University of Southampton, and have been heavily involved with Southampton SSAGO since I joined university. I was the Southampton webmaster 3 weeks after joining Southampton SSAGO, and then the Treasurer for the next year. I have been involved in Scouting since beavers, and thoroughly enjoy all things Scouty!
I'd love to hear any suggestions you have, or to just have a chat, so feel free to get in contact, or find me at the next SSAGO rally!
- Charity: Submitted an application to the charity commission to register SSAGO as a charity!
- Written the new constitution and bylaws and sought feedback from a range of interested parties.
- Banking: Had some fun with HSBC, decided to switch to Lloyds.
- Took control of the Lloyds bank accounts, and started the process of transferring the accounts over. Set up a new account for Viking Rally and the Dev Fund so far.
- Banking: Finish changing SSAGO over to Lloyds fully, and close the HSBC accounts
- Charity: See through the application, and any changes proposed by scouting/guiding, and ideally start activating some of the benefits of being a charity.
- Charity: I have started updating the constitution, as well as I have had meetings with various groups to gather more information.
- Bank Accounts: I have been working on changing the signatories for the accounts to enable me to apply to set up additional accounts, and perform other administrative tasks with them.
- Charity: To work on updating the constitution to turn SSAGO into a charity
- Bank Accounts: To set up new accounts (shop/indie/events (including regional)) to improve the operation of the SSAGO finances. I also intend to make some operational changes to make the running of the finances smoother.