Team Pink are the team of the Executive Officers and Assistants who are responsible for the running and development of the National Student Scout and Guide Organisation.
Find out who we are
View full report
What I've done
- Creation of SSAGO badge programme: The designs of National Event badges, SSAGO Support badges, International badge have now all been finalised and passed on to the webmaster for putting on the website. The SSAGO Clubs challenge badge has been awarded to PUGS who will be giving their ideas at Autumn Reps.
- SSAGO social media: I scraped filming a new video idea. Instead focusing my efforts on the social media content. For our social media platforms I have: With help from Archivist produced series of content with items from archive, decluttered following lists on Instagram and Twitter, produced a short ad for Results Day, wrote News article for Scot Rally and Gilwell 24, collated stories from Freshers Camps, pushed clubs freshers stalls, made a few memes, and much more!
- Helping Clubs: I recently sent all clubs a bespoke email with advice on their social media and website. I also managed the distribution of Publicity Packs and SSAGO publicity materials over the Freshers period. I am also helping the events with their badges.
- SSAGO Supports: I managed our presence at Gilwell 24 which was an overwhelming success. Work included producing new banners and flags beforehand, writing a quiz, creating a 24 music playlist and staying awake for 24+ hours. I also went to Waddow Hall for Wellies and Wristbands where I lost a tire along the way. Badges are on order.
- Scouting and Guiding: Tried to get us featured in Scouting and Guiding Media. For the Scouts we got featured in the membership email and post on social media regarding clubs at universities. I have yet to sort anything out with the Guides. Also attended Gilwell Reunion.
What I'm working on
- Creation of SSAGO badge programme: Move into the final stage of badge production. Get the badge ordering system distributed and get the badges ordered once the thresholds are met. Also get the Clubs challenge badge on the roll with it being to be started in the new year.
- SSAGO social media: Busy schedule of posts lined up for December with lots of content celebrating the end of the year.
- SSAGO Committee award: Use feedback from Reps to put something together in time for Spring Ball.
- Scouting and Guiding: Have another go at getting a push from official Scouting and Guiding channels.
- Minutes: All minutes are up to date and published
- Bank Accounts: Worked with Lexie, Lucy and HSBC to resolve all the previous outstanding issues with HSBC and the bank accounts, including resolving fraud concerns over the Witan account
- Reps Discussion: Added a new discussion feature to the Reps system allowing clubs to discuss and respond before voting takes place to ensure all clubs have a voice before voting.
- Reps Feedback: Created a new reps feedback system to allow the Exec to feedback on all points raised by Reps. Wrote up and prepared all the reps feedback from June.
- Rally Buddies and Teams: A brand new teams system has been developed which all events can now use, which will automatically take into account preferred buddies and activities and automatically form teams
- Lanyard System: The lanyard system to help events create automatic lanyards has been further updated and developed and now works automatically and can be used by any event
- Archive: Helped with the National Archive weekend with Larah, the Archivist. Worked with Larah on the launch of the new SSAGO Digital Archive to exhibit archive materials and allow clubs to start and contribute their own archives.
- Event Resources and Support: Worked to help support upcoming events and the production of resources to help with food, activities, transport, accommodation, requirements and finances
- Improved Resources Section: The resources section has been updated and improved with new reps resources and a new search in section function to make it easier to find resources
- Exploring National SSAGO Support: Working with Lucy and Reps to establish new ways in which National SSAGO can support new clubs and current clubs, including transport help for reaching National events
- Development Fund: Moving the development fund system online to make it easier to apply, keep track of and review past accepted and rejected development fund bids
- Email System: Created a new email system where clubs can browse, search and view past emails, including before they were on committee and reply and send new messages
- Freshers: Added a lot of new features to help SSAGO clubs with Freshers, including updates to the interest form for collecting volunteering information and exporting of interested members
- Supporting Clubs and Members: Created a set of new exec tools to help support Exec members, including identifying under 18s, automatically gauging club and member activity and potentially struggling clubs and other supporting tools
- Constitution: Working through the new constitutional changes and liaising with The Scouts, Girlguiding and SAGGA on additional changes and making this available in a transparent way to members
- Awards: Worked with Larah to further build and update the awards section of the website, celebrating SSAGO achievements